I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How Do You Measure Up?

One of my favorite books of the Bible right now is Philippians- so many wonderful verses to "chew" on.

Here is one that I have been thinking about and would like to share with you:

 

"Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that your are standing firm with one spirit with one mind striving together or the faith of the gospel."

Philippians 1:27

 

I heard a talk by Francis Chan earlier this year discussing this verse.  He likened it to a scale- if the gospel of Jesus Christ was on one side of the scale and your life was one the other side of the scale- would it be equal?

Allow me to expound upon this...

The sacrifice of Jesus was so immense.  The blood that was shed- the pain, torment, mocking that he underwent- is enough to make any of us sick.  But a lot of people don't realize that that wasn't the worst of it.  God poured out His wrath upon Jesus.  Every sin that had ever been committed and ever would be was poured out on Jesus and He had to take the punishment for it all.

Does your life reflect your gratitude for what Jesus did for you?  (I know I definitely need to work on mine!)  When life gets "tough" do you lash out or do you remember how much more Jesus suffered and meekly endure?  How do you measure up to the standard of the cross?

 

Just what I've been thinking about this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment