I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

When I Consider...

Many of us have been blown away by these photos...

The Colorful Demise of a Sun-like Star


Light Echoes From Red Supergiant Star V838 Monocerotis – May 2002

 Youthful-looking Galaxy May Be an Adult


 Full ACS Image of NGC 5866


 A Glowing Pool of Light: Planetary Nebula NGC 3132

 Planetary Nebula NGC 6543: Gaseous Cocoon Around a Dying Star



Massive Star VY Canis Majoris - Polarized Light
Some of you may or may not have seen the above star, Canis Majoris.
Want to have a little perspective on how big our God is?

If you put Canis Majoris in the place of our sun it's surface would extend to the orbit of Saturn- that would mean that Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, and Jupiter would be covered. 

I was reading in the Psalms with morning and came across these verses:

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, 
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained; 
What is man that You take thought of him, 
And the son of man that You care for him? 
~Psalm 8:3-4

When I see all of these amazing photos of things that God has created- things so much bigger than we humans- and even our planet- it amazes me that the Maker of all this would come down in the flesh to suffer and die at our puny hands- so that we might have fellowship with Him.



Have you ever seen this photo?
It's called "The Pale Blue Dot".   Can you see it?
That's you and me.
That's where we are sitting right now.
That's been our home since the beginning of time.
Every life that has ever lived has lived it out on the "mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam" (Carl Sagan).


Now, want to see more of how amazing God is and how He is "intimately acquainted with all our ways"?


Allow my friend, Louie Giglio, to intoduce you to a little thing called Laminin.



Be blessed my friends, and know that you are loved by the King!

~Amy

5 comments:

  1. I LOOVVEE Louie Gigleo's stuff! He is SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am TOTALLY blown away by the photos+louie giglio videos. God is incredible

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    Thanks for posting this! I'm a big fan of Louie. It's so amazing. I've seen the picture of the "pale blue dot" before to. It really helps me put my life in perspective.

    Blessings,
    Leah Nicolette

    PS- I'm your 40th follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, godly astronomy amazes me . God in all of his wonders made the world and everything in it .. unexplainable yet it is amazing.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How amazing! And those pictures are incredible!
    God's creation is so beautiful and perfect.
    Thanks for posting this!

    Lizzy
    www.lizziebutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete