I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Friday, May 11, 2012

be anxious for nothing...

Hello, my dear friends!

So sorry to have been absent for so long... I came down with a cold on Sunday and have been up and down ever since- but I'm feeling much better today. :-)

The Lord was teaching me something this morning.  I was very worried and anxious, I was scared and nervous.  I started talking to the Lord about it and He caused me to remember this verse:

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
(Philippians 4:6)

I began to obey.  I prayed for the Lord to help me in that area, to guide me- to take away my anxiety.  I thanked Him for the opportunity to talk to Him, that He is always there to hear me, and that He cares about the little things- the little things that blow themselves up and cause me to stress over them.

A peace began to wash over me. 

 "And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 4:7)
  This is my little brother Peter... I thought his smile was a pretty good reminder to not be anxious :-)

Are you anxious?  Is there anything that is making you nervous or scared?  

I always feel like it's ironic, so often I will feel down and start to complain- until I realize- have I even talked to God about it?  As I'm shaking with nerves and complaining that "it's" too hard, or "it's" annoying, have I bothered to cry out to Him who loves me the most?

Have you talked to Jesus about your fears?  Have you explained to Him that you know that you are weak, and you know that you need Him?  

Have you thanked Him for all of His blessings that He has already bestowed upon you?

Perspective is everything.  If we start praying and thanking God for His blessings, if our minds are focused on higher things, how small do the problems that we were so worried about seem!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh....I love your post! It came at just the right time. :-)
    Oh, I'm sorry you were sick! Colds are nasty little things, but I'm glad you're feeling better! :-)

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lizzy! I'm so glad that you were encouraged :-)

    ReplyDelete