I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

a way of escape

As you can see on my sidebar (at the moment) that I am reading Falsely Accused in the High Sierras.

So far it has been fabulous... but more on that later.

Yesterday I came across a lesson which I would like to share with you all.

Jeb Malden had just become a Christian the night before after only a few years (he was only 16 at the time) of drinking and sin.  Next day he goes to pick up the mail from the home of a family who hate him- they are the postmasters for the town.  Upon hearing of his conversion the night before, they are determined on his ruin.  Knowing his tendencies toward drink, the mother tries to get him to "drink to the health of Sally", her daughter who was turning 15 that day.  He is very tempted but is resolute in his abstinence from drink.  The mother continues to tempt- Jesus drank didn't he?  Jeb falters.  He takes the glass in his hand.  His former life flashed before his eyes, along with the voice, "with the temptation a way of escape"  (1 Corinthians 10:13).  He sits down the glass and bids mother and daughter good day.

I love reading stories like this- where God's promises are fulfilled and the Christian is the victor!

"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it."
~1 Corinthians 10:13

This makes me think about me and my everyday life.   Every time that I am tempted to lose my temper, to raise my voice- every time that I am beginning to think wicked thoughts- God will provide a way of escape.  Always. 

Remember that as you go about your day today.  Remember that God is always watching, He knows the temptations that you are enduring and will endure.  He will always provide a way in which you may not sin- He will shelter you- but you must be sensitive to His promptings and obey His voice when He says, "No."  Rejoice in the fact that He loves you and wants to keep you from sin just as much as you want to keep from it!


No comments:

Post a Comment