I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Chocolate Toffee Goodness

Recently I had the pleasure of making an old favorite recipe to bring to a friend's house for dinner.  I love this recipe so much that I absolutely MUST share it with you all.  You HAVE to try it now- no backing out of this one- you are looking at it- you have to make it now and if you don't like it DON'T EAT ANOTHER BITE- send it to me and I will dispose of it properly.  (I can tell you right now though- I'm pretty sure you'll like it :)  )

 

Chocolate Toffee Goodness

 

Ingredients:

 

  • 40 saltine crackers (about one sleeve, Do not use unsalted)
  • 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 11 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (or one package)
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and begin heating the butter in a medium saucepan to melt.

    Cover a jellyroll pan with foil; grease the foil and lay down the saltines.

     

    Once the butter is melted, add the brown sugar.  Stir and bring to a gentle boil.

     

    Boil for 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract and stir...

    Pour over prepared saltines and spread.

     

    Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven.

    Immediately after you remove it from the oven sprinkle the chocolate chips over it.

    Let the chocolate chips sit for several minutes until they look gooey and melty... (I don't think that's a word but you get my meaning :) )

    Once this occurs, take a spatula and spread the chocolate evenly.

    Now put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.

    Break it up into pieces... and dig in!

    (I hope you don't get mad at me after you try this- it may become an addiction...)

    Enjoy!

    <evil laugh>

    No comments:

    Post a Comment