I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Yes, I know... Father's Day was yesterday- I don't think my dad cares if I gush about him today instead :) First of all, I am a Daddy's Girl. I am the firstborn of the children, Momma calls me David Jr. I sing, I play guitar- just like Daddy. I'm always looking for new ideas- just like Daddy. I'm always thinking- just like Daddy. Now I could go on and on but I won't bore you with that today. :) Just know that I have an appreciation and love for my father that I'm not sure you would understand unless you are another Daddy's Girl. :D I am blessed with a father who is always encouraging me to walk in the truth, on the narrow path. He always has a scripture quotation that applies to my problem (or attitude). He is the most humble person I know. He is honorable- I am so blessed to watch him as he paves a way to for me and my brothers and sisters to follow. Everyone loves my daddy, he certainly has the favor of God and man. Daddy, your legacy is amazing... my heart is so full as I am writing this- maybe that is why I cannot write very much- I can't figure out how to voice you. Thank you for everything you have done and will do for me. Thank you for your example of how you honor your own parents, of how generous you are, of the way you treat people, of how you worship, of your humility... I can't tell you how glad I am that God gave you to me- or rather me to you. :) I love you, Daddy! I hope that this makes sense. :) Things are still a bit up in the air at home so if I seem distracted... what was I saying? :P Anyway I figured that I would leave you all with a photo. Proof that I've been a Daddy's Girl from an early age. (I know I know, I'm pathetic but I had to paint over it :) ) Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment