I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello, 2012

As you may have guessed because of the length of time between my last post and this, my family and I have been (as I said in the previous post) extremely busy...  I don't know if I mentioned before the three birthdays all within the same seven days along with Christmas.... or our Christmas party that was in the same seven day period- or the New Year's Eve Ball we went to only five days post Christmas- or the costume that we didn't even get the fabric for until two or three days before we left.... yep- we've been pretty busy <pant, pant>...

All that aside...

Today is the second day of a new year.
Have you taken any time to reflect on the past year?  I encourage you to- I know I should- my mind has been going a million miles a minute over the past two months and I haven't taken much time to consider what did or did not get accomplished in 2011 and what I need to do or change in 2012.

My prayer for this year (among others!) and for every year to come is this:

That God will give me the strength and the courage to surrender everything I have- my dreams, my aspirations, hobbies, skills- in order to carry out whatever His purpose and His plan might be.  

It may mean that I discontinue blogging.
It may mean that I won't read a single book in it's entirety this year.
It may mean that I never sing again.
It may mean that I never play my guitar again.
It may mean that I need to let go of my over-achieving high standards for how clean or orderly I think the house should be.
It may mean that my dad will lose his job.
It may mean that I never marry.
It may mean that my mom will never have another baby.

These are only a few of the possibilities...  if one (or even all) of these things happens to me- what will I do?  Will I be sad and angry with God- discontent with my life?  As Paul says, "May it never be!"

God has a greater plan- greater than anything anyone could ever imagine- He knows all.  Not just the plan for my life- but yours, your brother's, your sister's, your best friend's, your mom's, your dad's- the person in front of you in the checkout- He knows her's too!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(Jeremiah 29:11) 

God has a plan. 
If tragedy strikes- it does not negate this verse.  Because through it all, God is going to use that trial- use it to prosper you and not to harm you.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

Anyway.... just what I've been thinking...  
If nothing else, writing this post has helped me to reiterate my prayer and refresh the challenge to trust God- in everything.  :-)

Hello, 2012- I'm ready... for what?  That's for God to decide.


Happy New Year, my sweet friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment