I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

joy dare: a gift old, new, blue

I smiled when I saw this as the random verse of the day on my phone's Bible widget:



a gift old...


Earlier, after eagerly cutting out the fabric for some skirts this afternoon I ran some fabric through one of our nicer sewing machines.  I was horrified when what was supposed to be gentle lines turned out a mangled mess!  So, at my sister's suggestion, I pulled out my old machine.  The basic beginner's machine.  My birthday present from when I turned 11.  At 9 years old, it thrilled me that it worked...beautifully.






 new...


My dear sister Emma purchased a beautiful silver Starbucks mug for my birthday a couple of weeks ago.  To my utter horror the paint began to chip after a few uses!  So we returned it, but unfortunately, they did not have any of the same style--so I picked this one out.


I love the rustic yet elegant style; thank you, Emma darlin'!  :-)



blue...


God's words...His breath, encapsulated into a language that we could understand.
Mine, encased in blue.

How grateful I am for those that gave their lives that we might be able to read God's Word in our own language!  How precious is the blood that is spilt by those whose passion extends beyond the grave.



(My engraving is wearing off--there used to be an "M" there after my first name!)



 (Okay, so I'm a messy underliner ;-) )


No comments:

Post a Comment