I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Monday, July 7, 2014

a crucifixion type love


Try to watch this video without getting goosebumps.  I dare you.

Go ahead.  I'll wait.




"...a love that would make angels wish that they were in our shoes..."

Wow.  Just...  Wow.

I watch that video, and I think of the relationship between lovers, as the video relates.  The relationship between Christ and His Church, His Bride, His Beloved.

Then I think of my own relationship with His Church.  My brothers.  My sisters.

How much more shall I die to myself in loving them?  
How much more when I spread my arms to embrace a dear fellow believer... 
How much more with that crown of thorns upon my head, surrendering my thoughts, my time, my ambitions, for the interest of my sister or brother...
How much more shall I give my back to be beaten, to carry the burden of my dear believer?

The picture of marriage, and the relationship between lovers is such an immaculate, beautiful representation of the sacrificial love with which He first loved us.

But then He calls us to go and do the same.

The love that sets us apart. 
"...a love that makes God get up and dance around his throne every time he sets his eyes on us..."
"In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."  ~1 John 4:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment