I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Friday, April 24, 2015

the keeper


I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber... 
Psalm 121:1-2  

Sometimes I wonder where God is.  Those dry seasons come.  You know the ones: the dark, scary seasons.  The kind where you wonder if everything really is going to be okay.  Well?  Is it?

The words of this Psalm wash over my heart as I contemplate. 

"He who keeps you..."

The realization comes slowly and settles deep: He is my keeper.

He holds me in His hands.  

Through all the seasons.

Every dark season has to get through His glowing hands to get to me.

Every lonely time, it's in His heavenly embrace I'm walking through.

When I don't think it's going to turn out okay, He knows the end from the beginning.

He is my keeper.

No wonder I am commanded to rejoice always!  He is holding me, through everything.  Nothing can get through His hands without His permission.  No pain is unnecessary.  

And the best part: He loves me.

He loves me and protects me.  There is nothing I go through that He has not foreseen.  

There is no battle I face that He has not given me the strength to win.

There is no hurt that I can have that He can't heal.

There is no mountain I can't climb, because He will show me the way.

And keep my feet from stumbling.

He is my keeper.

And He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment