I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Looking Back at the 2012 Lamplighter Guild {part two}

  On Sunday afternoon I arrived at Mohonk.  Since it was pouring rain I wasn't really able to see much on the way over but it sure did make what I could see so dreamily romantic!  Everything was blanketed with a soft mist- a mild fog that wrapped around the trees and flowed down the hills and mountains.  The sky looked dark- the mood was reflectively melancholy. Looking back, those of us in Kathy Buchanan's script writing class can see the sheer poetry that God was writing into our lives during that first hour or so in New York... (more about that later.)

  After I had checked in with Mohonk, I went over to the conference center to check in with the Lamplighter Guild- to get my registration packet, name tag, etc.  During this time I was being greeted warmly by acquaintances from the conference back in May as well as being introduced to many new people- I was already having amazing conversations and I hadn't even been checked in for much more than an hour!

  The presence of brotherhood was thick- the common bond of Christ was so strong.  The love that Jesus said that they will know us by was ever present and electrifying the atmosphere.  It was such an amazing first impression!

  Because I was a scholarship recipient, I was asked to write a blog post
for the Lamplighter Guild Blog during the week.  I wrote the post on Tuesday, but I chose to center it around a lesson that I had learned on Sunday night- the day that I have been describing.  I figure that it would be probably better for you to read it then for me to reiterate it all over again... :-)


  "The very first day, Sunday, was such a lovely experience (not that the rest of the week hasn’t been!). Once I arrived at Mohonk I could truly feel the presence of my brothers and sisters in Christ. I was so blessed to meet new friends and reunite with a few acquaintances…
  That night Mr. Hamby talked about “Anointing”. He went through the Bible talking about different instances in which there were “anointings” of different people. David being anointed as king for example. But the one that truly touched me the most was at the end: the anointing of
Jesus by Mary who came and poured a whole pound of pure nard on His feet and wiped them with her hair.
  Mary gave Jesus her all. She trusted Him that He was the Son of God and that she could sacrifice that whole year’s worth of wages while pouring out all of that fragrance oil- and she wouldn’t have to worry about being taken care of. She knelt down at his feet- in all humility. She used her greatest womanly asset, her crown of glory- to wipe them. The Bible says that the fragrance of the nard “filled the house”.
But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.” 2 Corinthians 2:14 (emphasis added)
  God manifests His sweet aroma through us-when we give Him our all and we are willing to be His servants. Mr. Hamby had some pure nard that he brought with him from Israel. He had it poured into a little dish that we might all be able to experience the “aroma” that filled the house. He told us to wash our hands quickly after we did this because if we did not we wouldn’t be able to sleep that night- why? Because the aroma just gets stronger and stronger.
  I was so encouraged that when we are willing to put everything on the line for God-when we are ready to deny ourselves, take up our crosses and follow Jesus, that He WILL lead us in triumph in Him and give us that sweet aroma that will “fill the house”- drawing others to us yearning to partake in it! The beauty of it is that when that sweet aroma is manifested in us the fragrance just gets stronger and stronger as our relationship with Him grows and matures…
  I have just been so blessed over the past couple of days, it was so hard to decide what particular topic to write this post on-but this was something that just struck me so hard. When Mr. Hamby described Mary’s “crown” that she wiped Jesus’ feet with- it put everything in perspective. I need to wipe Jesus’ feet with my hair-my crown, my greatest asset. I want to give Him my best- and trust that He will redeem it and He will take care of me."
...to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment