I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Why Complain?

As I go about my life I find it easy to complain about almost anything.  I complain about a mess my brother left, how my sister left her clothes on the floor, how this needs to be done, and we need that... it comes all too naturally to me... sadly enough.  
I'm always looking for the "solution" for things.  I'm a troubleshooter (big time!) and I'm always working to "solve the problem"...  usually I feel like the solution is in our organization ("Things need to be MORE organized!") something needs to be fixed in our "system".  But I know that that's not the real solution- it may be part but not the whole.  

It's so simple:
Pray

"Until now you have asked for nothing in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full."
~John 16:24


No, it doesn't sound practical. No, it doesn't sound like things will get fixed *right now* like everything I try to do... in my flesh.  I forget that God knows the desires of my heart and He wants to fill them... but I need to ask first.  How could I forget my best friend?  He wants to bless me, He wants to take care of me- but how can He do it when I haven't asked for it?  Otherwise I would feel like I don't need to ever ask Him for anything- why pray at all?   
Jesus asks us to pray and ask God for things- so that our joy might be made full.  He desires us to have joy- to have good and wonderful things... how disappointed He would be if He was never able to bless us because we never asked...

Why complain?  Just pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment