I've Moved!

This little blog has moved over to the official AHeartSurrendered.com! Check it out; can't wait to see you there.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The cake is almost done...

Ok, apologizing once again for the terrible lighting in our kitchen and the quality of some of these photos (a few were taken with our cell phone)!

But I finished all the tiers at 1AM last night (or this morning?)...

I smoothed the icing with parchment paper...

(it's AMAZING- just make sure to let the icing dry a bit before you do it!- ask me how I know...)

 

You can see Grooveshark in the background...  it helped me to keep my sanity- well and FB ;)

First tier done!  I wasn't in a right state to take photos every step of the way with each tier (technical issues) I did manage to get shots of each finished tier...

 

The middle tier...

 

...and the top tier!

The stacking and finishing touches will take place later today at the wedding so hang tight!

I thank God that nothing disastrous happened (!) and that He gave me peace through the whole process... I prayed as I was making it and I believe that He heard my prayer.  I had a few hiccups but I was able to overcome them by His grace.  I know that without Him (Sadly, I've tried it before...) that the results CAN be disastrous...

He cares even about small silly things like wedding cakes.  :)

"'Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So do not fear ; you are more valuable than many sparrows...'"

Matthew 10:29-31

 

Alright...  I'm off once again- this time not to don my apron but to empty my camera card and get my equipment ready for this evening...  pray that I do a good job :)  Once again very nervous...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment